How to do it, how to measure returns, how it is growing – the Impact Investing Forum in UK on 30 Nov-1Dec
Top names in Impact Investing are gathering in London on 30 Nov-1 Dec for an Impact Investing Forum organized by Hanson Wade. This is a fast-growing sector, both for investors who want to see their funds contribute to sustainability in the world and support development and fight poverty, and for investors who are looking for an alternative asset allocation strategy. The theme is “Engage as an Investor: Identify the Right Products, Ensure Commercial Returns, Measure Impact”.
Organizer Amy Miller says the meeting “will bring together investors who are looking to diversify their investment portfolio, tackle global environmental and social challenges and make a strong commercial return on investment”.
The agenda is aimed at practical lessons so that today’s largest commercial, institutional and philanthropic investors will learn how to overcome the barriers and risks presented by impact investing. Delegates will have the chance to learn from experienced speakers and many case studies to determine how to benefit from the social, environmental and financial returns of impact investing and become pioneers in this space.
It puts special emphasis on project identification, infrastructure building and impact measurement.
Confirmed speakers include many of the leading names of impact investment, including industry bodies, experienced investors and new funds:
• Rob Lake, Head of Sustainability, APG
• Emily Bolton, Director, Social Finance
• Mark Campanale, Founder, Social Stock Exchange
• Roger Frank, Managing Director, i3
• Matt Christensen, Executive Director, EUROSIF
• Adam Ognall, Deputy Chief Executive, UKSIF
• Bernie Morgan, Chief Executive, CDFA
• Ebba Schmidt, Responsible Investment Manager, Pension Protection Fund
• David Carrington, Independent Consultant
• Vineet Rai, Managing Director, Aavishkaar
• Gerhard Pries, President, Sarona Asset Management
• Simon Merchant, CEO, Jacana
• Nigel Kershaw, CEO, Big Issue Invest
• Audrey Selian, Director, Rianta Capital
• Katinka Vacranenburgh, Secretary General, The International Interfaith Investment Group
• Michele Giddens, Executive Director, Bridges Ventures
• Tanya Beya, Investment Director, IGNIA
• Beth Richardson, Director, GIIRS
The meeting will be at The Montague Hotel, London, from 30 November-1 December. For more information look at www.hansonwade.com.
The provisional agenda includes action-packed days, with some of the sessions focusing on important tools and topics such as:
1. Measuring financial returns and detailed discussions on ways of measuring social and environmental impacts
2. The roles of foundations, faith-based investors and family offices, with speakers from leading institutions
3. Social infrastructure, including the development of a Social Stock Exchange in UK and Nexii in South Africa.
4. The potential of impact investing for retail investors
5. Four funds highlighting their roles
6. The potential for partnerships between profit and not-for-profit
7. Case studies on investing in micro-finance, small and medium enterprises, education, clean tech, reforestation and emerging markets.
For more information, contact Amy Miller, Programme Director, Impact Investing, tel: +44 203 141 8727,
email email@example.com or see the conference website www.hansonwade.com.