We are blogging LIVE from the 5th Annual African Investment Conference, organized by stockbroker Securities Africa and Citigroup. This brings to London a lot of the top listed companies, and gives them chances for a series of one-to-one meetings with institutional and other investors. The conference runs today (Monday 15th) and tomorrow (16th) March. Speakers include CEEMEA Equities of Citigroup, Dexter Mahachi, the head of research at Securities Africa, the JSE Africa Board from Johannesburg.
This evening (UK time), African Capital Markets News’ editor will moderate the panel on African Capital Markets, with the JSE Africa Board, the Stock Exchange of Mauritius, CGF Bourse from Senegal and the Kestrel Capital of Kenya. Expect an update much later tonight/tomorrow (depending on the entertainment afterwards..).
Top listed companies presenting include:
• Agriculture: Zambeef from Zambia, aiming to be the continent’s top provider of low cost protein,
• Telecoms: Econet Wireless from Zimbabwe, Access Kenya and Safaricom of Kenya, Sonatel of Senegal,
• Mining: Athi River Mining (Kenya), African Consolidated Resources (Zimbabwe), Petra Diamonds, Toro Gold (W Africa)
• General: Rogers & Co (Mauritius)
• Oil: Kenolkobil (Kenya),
• Financial Services: Afren (Nigeria), Ghana Commercial Bank, Equity Bank (Kenya), Letshego Holdings (Botswana), Mauritius Commercial Bank and State Bank of Mauritius, Skye Bank and United Bank of Africa (Nigeria)
These are only some of the top speakers, we will keep you updated with some extracts, but will help to field any other information requests or contacts that our readers need.